Sep 18, 2019
Visit our sister site:

ARCHIVES

Archives for: September 20145
  • SIM group launches operation in northern Ontario
    Friday September 19th 2014

    The SIM Group, a leading Canadian supplier of technology to the film and television industry, is opening a new location in Northern Ontario. Located at the Muskoka North Film Studios in Parry Sound, Ontario, the new office will feature products and services from each of the SIM Group’s operating units: SIM Digital, a supplier of cameras and other production gear; PS Production Services, a supplier of lighting, grip, generator and specialty products; and Bling Digital, a specialist in post-production technology and services. The office will thus serve as a one-stop solution for film and television productions in Northern Ontario and throughout the region.

  • Rental firm cashes in on northern Ontario’s growing film industry
    Thursday September 18th 2014

    Films that choose northeastern Ontario as their location won’t have so far to go to rent equipment, now that a supplier is opening a branch in Sudbury. Dan St. Amour, who helped bring the branch of William F. White to the city, said the company has invested $100,000 in a[…]

  • TIFF: The Imitation Game wins top prize
    Tuesday September 16th 2014

    A biopic starring Benedict Cumberbatch as an ingenious British codebreaker and computer-science pioneer Alan Turing has won the top prize at the Toronto International Film Festival. Director Morten Tyldum’s The Imitation Game claimed the coveted Grolsch People’s Choice Award at a Sunday morning brunch, held annually to mark the end[…]

  • Rachel McAdams, Ryan Reynolds among Canada’s Walk of Fame inductees
    Tuesday September 16th 2014

    Canada’s Walk of Fame is set to honour a slew of homegrown celebs including Ryan Reynolds, rock legends The Band and Rachel McAdams. They will be honoured alongside hockey player Hayley Wickenheiser, Former Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Louise Arbour and the late Jeff Healey.

  • More TV than film being shot in Toronto
    Monday September 15th 2014

    Not so long ago, movie productions were bringing more business to Toronto than television. Jim Mirkopoulos, the vice-president of Cinespace Film Studios, said it used to be that 80 per cent of the business in Toronto was in feature films, with the remaining 20 per cent in television. That split[…]

  • Posts navigation

ARCHIVES

Archives for: September 20145
  • SIM group launches operation in northern Ontario
    Friday September 19th 2014

    The SIM Group, a leading Canadian supplier of technology to the film and television industry, is opening a new location in Northern Ontario. Located at the Muskoka North Film Studios in Parry Sound, Ontario, the new office will feature products and services from each of the SIM Group’s operating units: SIM Digital, a supplier of cameras and other production gear; PS Production Services, a supplier of lighting, grip, generator and specialty products; and Bling Digital, a specialist in post-production technology and services. The office will thus serve as a one-stop solution for film and television productions in Northern Ontario and throughout the region.

  • Rental firm cashes in on northern Ontario’s growing film industry
    Thursday September 18th 2014

    Films that choose northeastern Ontario as their location won’t have so far to go to rent equipment, now that a supplier is opening a branch in Sudbury. Dan St. Amour, who helped bring the branch of William F. White to the city, said the company has invested $100,000 in a[…]

  • TIFF: The Imitation Game wins top prize
    Tuesday September 16th 2014

    A biopic starring Benedict Cumberbatch as an ingenious British codebreaker and computer-science pioneer Alan Turing has won the top prize at the Toronto International Film Festival. Director Morten Tyldum’s The Imitation Game claimed the coveted Grolsch People’s Choice Award at a Sunday morning brunch, held annually to mark the end[…]

  • Rachel McAdams, Ryan Reynolds among Canada’s Walk of Fame inductees
    Tuesday September 16th 2014

    Canada’s Walk of Fame is set to honour a slew of homegrown celebs including Ryan Reynolds, rock legends The Band and Rachel McAdams. They will be honoured alongside hockey player Hayley Wickenheiser, Former Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Louise Arbour and the late Jeff Healey.

  • More TV than film being shot in Toronto
    Monday September 15th 2014

    Not so long ago, movie productions were bringing more business to Toronto than television. Jim Mirkopoulos, the vice-president of Cinespace Film Studios, said it used to be that 80 per cent of the business in Toronto was in feature films, with the remaining 20 per cent in television. That split[…]

  • Posts navigation

ARCHIVES

Archives for: September 20145
  • SIM group launches operation in northern Ontario
    Friday September 19th 2014

    The SIM Group, a leading Canadian supplier of technology to the film and television industry, is opening a new location in Northern Ontario. Located at the Muskoka North Film Studios in Parry Sound, Ontario, the new office will feature products and services from each of the SIM Group’s operating units: SIM Digital, a supplier of cameras and other production gear; PS Production Services, a supplier of lighting, grip, generator and specialty products; and Bling Digital, a specialist in post-production technology and services. The office will thus serve as a one-stop solution for film and television productions in Northern Ontario and throughout the region.

  • Rental firm cashes in on northern Ontario’s growing film industry
    Thursday September 18th 2014

    Films that choose northeastern Ontario as their location won’t have so far to go to rent equipment, now that a supplier is opening a branch in Sudbury. Dan St. Amour, who helped bring the branch of William F. White to the city, said the company has invested $100,000 in a[…]

  • TIFF: The Imitation Game wins top prize
    Tuesday September 16th 2014

    A biopic starring Benedict Cumberbatch as an ingenious British codebreaker and computer-science pioneer Alan Turing has won the top prize at the Toronto International Film Festival. Director Morten Tyldum’s The Imitation Game claimed the coveted Grolsch People’s Choice Award at a Sunday morning brunch, held annually to mark the end[…]

  • Rachel McAdams, Ryan Reynolds among Canada’s Walk of Fame inductees
    Tuesday September 16th 2014

    Canada’s Walk of Fame is set to honour a slew of homegrown celebs including Ryan Reynolds, rock legends The Band and Rachel McAdams. They will be honoured alongside hockey player Hayley Wickenheiser, Former Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada Louise Arbour and the late Jeff Healey.

  • More TV than film being shot in Toronto
    Monday September 15th 2014

    Not so long ago, movie productions were bringing more business to Toronto than television. Jim Mirkopoulos, the vice-president of Cinespace Film Studios, said it used to be that 80 per cent of the business in Toronto was in feature films, with the remaining 20 per cent in television. That split[…]

  • Posts navigation

Advertisements