Dec 01, 2020
Visit our sister site:

Front Page, Headline, Industry News

Release of film about French terror cell called off after Paris attacks

Producers have cancelled the release of a French movie about a homegrown terror cell in Paris for the second time, following the attack which killed 129 people in the city on 13 November.

Made in France, whose poster features a provocative image of an assault rifle shaped in the image of the Eiffel Tower, was previously delayed in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January.

The film was due to be released on 18 November in around 100 cinemas, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Directed by journalist turned film-maker Nicolas Boukhrief, it details a French Muslim journalist’s efforts to infiltrate a jihadi cell before it can mount an attack on Paris.

“Following the tragic events of last night, the distributor Pretty Pictures and producer Radar Films have immediately decided to postpone the release of the film to a later date,” said the film-makers on 14 November. Press events surrounding the release have also been cancelled, and Paris’s public transport authority has been removing posters from Métro stations.

Two Hollywood movies which had planned to premiere in Paris this week, the Steven Spielberg espionage drama Bridge of Spies and Natalie Portman-led western Jane Got a Gun, have also been postponed. Bridge of Spies had been scheduled to premiere on 15 November, with Jane Got a Gun due on 16 November.

Gaumont-Pathé, Paris’s largest chain of cinemas with 18 sites in the city, remained closed on 15 November . Another chain which has 10 sites, MK2, reopened on 15 November after closing on the afternoon of 14 November.

The president of Euro Disney, Tom Wolber, said in a statement that the site would remain closed until 18 November to mark France’s three-day period of national mourning in the wake of Friday’s terror attacks.

Source: The Guardian

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Front Page, Headline, Industry News

Release of film about French terror cell called off after Paris attacks

Producers have cancelled the release of a French movie about a homegrown terror cell in Paris for the second time, following the attack which killed 129 people in the city on 13 November.

Made in France, whose poster features a provocative image of an assault rifle shaped in the image of the Eiffel Tower, was previously delayed in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January.

The film was due to be released on 18 November in around 100 cinemas, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Directed by journalist turned film-maker Nicolas Boukhrief, it details a French Muslim journalist’s efforts to infiltrate a jihadi cell before it can mount an attack on Paris.

“Following the tragic events of last night, the distributor Pretty Pictures and producer Radar Films have immediately decided to postpone the release of the film to a later date,” said the film-makers on 14 November. Press events surrounding the release have also been cancelled, and Paris’s public transport authority has been removing posters from Métro stations.

Two Hollywood movies which had planned to premiere in Paris this week, the Steven Spielberg espionage drama Bridge of Spies and Natalie Portman-led western Jane Got a Gun, have also been postponed. Bridge of Spies had been scheduled to premiere on 15 November, with Jane Got a Gun due on 16 November.

Gaumont-Pathé, Paris’s largest chain of cinemas with 18 sites in the city, remained closed on 15 November . Another chain which has 10 sites, MK2, reopened on 15 November after closing on the afternoon of 14 November.

The president of Euro Disney, Tom Wolber, said in a statement that the site would remain closed until 18 November to mark France’s three-day period of national mourning in the wake of Friday’s terror attacks.

Source: The Guardian

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Front Page, Headline, Industry News

Release of film about French terror cell called off after Paris attacks

Producers have cancelled the release of a French movie about a homegrown terror cell in Paris for the second time, following the attack which killed 129 people in the city on 13 November.

Made in France, whose poster features a provocative image of an assault rifle shaped in the image of the Eiffel Tower, was previously delayed in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January.

The film was due to be released on 18 November in around 100 cinemas, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Directed by journalist turned film-maker Nicolas Boukhrief, it details a French Muslim journalist’s efforts to infiltrate a jihadi cell before it can mount an attack on Paris.

“Following the tragic events of last night, the distributor Pretty Pictures and producer Radar Films have immediately decided to postpone the release of the film to a later date,” said the film-makers on 14 November. Press events surrounding the release have also been cancelled, and Paris’s public transport authority has been removing posters from Métro stations.

Two Hollywood movies which had planned to premiere in Paris this week, the Steven Spielberg espionage drama Bridge of Spies and Natalie Portman-led western Jane Got a Gun, have also been postponed. Bridge of Spies had been scheduled to premiere on 15 November, with Jane Got a Gun due on 16 November.

Gaumont-Pathé, Paris’s largest chain of cinemas with 18 sites in the city, remained closed on 15 November . Another chain which has 10 sites, MK2, reopened on 15 November after closing on the afternoon of 14 November.

The president of Euro Disney, Tom Wolber, said in a statement that the site would remain closed until 18 November to mark France’s three-day period of national mourning in the wake of Friday’s terror attacks.

Source: The Guardian

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisements